Welcome to HCI Games!
We are a group of researchers that use human-computer interaction research methods to study the experience of playing video games.
The topics we investigate in our research include:
- Defining and quantifying the core elements of the gaming experience
- Defining and quantifying the immersive gaming experience
- Immersion in movement-based interactions
- Time perception and music
- Immersion and personality
- Immersion and attention
- Immersion and addiction
Click the tabs on the left to find out more about the various outputs of our research and also to find out more about the people behind the research.
If you have any questions about a particular research topic please do get in contact with the relevant researcher. We are always happy to give advice and to discuss ideas when possible.